The Capital Division at the New York City Department of Parks and Recreation (DPR) manages the entire capital process from start to finish, including scope meetings, design, procurement of contractors and construction completion. We are proud to be the country’s largest employer of landscape architects, with over 100 currently on staff working on in-house and consultant-managed designs. We also have a large pool of architects and engineers, in addition to resident engineers who oversee the daily activities of contractors, budget and procurement staff, and many other talented employees.
• Under supervision, receive training in and assist in performing land surveying work.
• Prepare sketches, maps, plans and legal descriptions of property.
• Perform site surveys. Provide direction for survey consultants.
• Verify the accuracy of survey data, including measurements and calculations conducted at survey sites by others.
• Direct and conduct surveys in order to establish legal boundaries.
• Record the results of surveys and calculate the heights, depths and relative positions of property lines.
• Coordinate findings with the work of engineers, architects and landscape architects.
1. A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university in surveying, surveying engineering, surveying engineering technology or in similar surveying-related majors, and two years of full-time satisfactory land surveying experience; or
2. An associate degree from an accredited college or university in the surveying-related majors listed in "1" above, and four years of full-time satisfactory experience as described in "1" above; or
3. A four year high school diploma or its educational equivalent approved by a State's Department of Education or a recognized accrediting organization and six years of full time satisfactory experience as described in "1" above; and
4. A motor vehicle driver license valid in the State of New York. This license must be maintained for the duration of employment.
This position is exempt from NYC residency requirements.
1. Candidate holds a permanent or non-competitive title.
2. Knowledge of AutoCAD.
3. Knowledge of Photoshop, PowerPoint and 3D rendering a plus.
4. Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
5. Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
Salary: $53,134 - $61,104 plus excellent benefits
Posted Until 3/3/17
For external applicants, please apply through www.nyc.gov/careers
1) Go to www.nyc.gov/careers/search
2) Search for Job ID#: 281373
For details about NYC Parks: www.nyc.gov/parks
References will be required upon request.Apply Now