Orlando, FL, us
i+iconSoutheast, a diversified infrastructure contractor, specializing in marine & bridge construction, is seeking candidates who want to work in the construction industry.
Our team of experienced professionals demonstrate an unparalleled commitment to safety, quality and service on all of our projects. We excel on projects with tight schedules and difficult working conditions. Our innovative solutions and customer focused approach provide our clients with unmatched value and quality.
Provide surveying service which includes technical and administrative direction for layout and surveying personnel, including scheduling, training, assigning work activities and monitoring performance. Insures all primary, secondary and layout control data comply with engineering standards. Issues, edits and maintains all field engineering books and records. Insure all inspections, sign-off, etc. are complete and comply with procedures. Ensure construction work complies with design drawings.
- Safety goals are achieved
- Assigned projects are completed on time
- Surveying results are accurate
Position Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage all Survey and Layout Activities
- Coordinate and schedule work with Project Directors, Project Managers, Project Engineers, Superintendents and Estimating
- Maintaining a high level of expertise in GPS/Survey equipment, software and methodology
- Maintain, track, inventory, manage and coordinate use of survey and machine and control equipment
- Performs review tasks (QA/QC) for 3D modeling and grading
- Maintain, track, inventory, manage and coordinate use of GPS, survey and machine control equipment
- Provides work control lines and elevations that are required for accurate measurement and correct installation of materials by crafts, i.e., forms for concrete pours, anchor bolts, piping hangers and supports, etc
- Set-up protocols to assure accuracy of permanent work
- Modifies, directs or assists in the modification existing construction documents
- Provides checking of as-built conditions that require the use of surveying techniques
- Provides topographic and cross-section surveys as required for planning and payment quantities
- Provides quantity calculations as required
- Documents surveying activities
- Maintains surveying equipment
- Effectively supervises surveying technician and surveying trainee personnel
- Coordinates surveying activities with the assigned engineer to meet the construction requirements
- Communicates and reinforces the Company vision, values and goals
- Performs additional assignments per supervisor’s direction
- 10+ year technical engineering/surveying and management and administrative construction surveying experience or equivalent combinations of training and related experience
- Thorough knowledge of and ability to use all surveying equipment and techniques
- Ability to accurately read plans, technical standards, project specifications and make calculations
- Effective communication skills
- Professional Land Surveyor License (PLS) state certification encouraged
Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K Plan, Life Insurance, Disability Insurance, Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays
i+iconSoutheast is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of and will not be discriminated against on the basis of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, age, gender, genetics, creed, veterans' status or sexual orientation.