Balzer and Associates, Inc.
Richmond, Roanoke, Harrisonburg, VA, us
Balzer and Associates, Inc. is seeking individuals to be part of our Land Surveying team and be involved in all aspects. This includes field work, office work, and research. Field work will include performing boundary surveys, title surveys, topographic surveys, and construction staking. Office work will include processing and transferring data to and from the field survey equipment, calculations and preparation of data for construction stakeout, and drafting of plats. Research will include gathering of recorded deeds and plats, both online and in person at the courthouse of various jurisdictions.
- Experience in the construction and/or surveying/engineering/architectural industry, ideally with some background desirable in some of the following areas: construction stakeout, surveying, GPS, robotic total stations, data collection, and CAD-based software for surveying, civil engineering or architecture.
- Experience with Leica field equipment and software, and Carlson office software is a plus.
- Understanding and appreciation of our contractor’s business operations and needs.
- Basic understanding of deed, plat, and construction plan reading is a plus.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Other duties may be assigned
Desired Skills & Abilities
- Self-motivated, with strong work ethic, personal drive and initiative, coupled with a passion for continuous learning and growth
- Analytical, problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Organization, prioritization and time-management skills
- Work quickly, calmly and effectively in a dynamic, fast-paced environment with time demands and deadlines
Desired Personal Traits
- Highly ethical, honest and dependable, with solid moral standards
- Commitment to teamwork and exemplary customer service
- Positive attitude with the desire to serve others and solve problems
- Ability to work independently and effectively with minimal or no direct supervision
- Love for continuous, lifelong learning
- Passion for the construction / survey industry
- Craves the excitement and challenge of working for a fast-growing survey technology-based company
The Rewards of Working With Us:
- Competitive compensation package based on experience and qualifications. Excellent benefits include Personal Time Off, health, dental and disability insurance plans, and the opportunity to participate in a retirement plan.
- Training and growth - We invest professionally and personally in every employee so each has the potential to develop into their best as individuals and a team.
- Hands-on use of technology - Our employees have plenty of opportunities to learn, use and become proficient with the latest survey technologies
We have 5 office located across Virginia - Richmond, Roanoke, Harrisonburg, Staunton and Christiansburg